Our Foundation year is a new learning environment with exciting things to do, see, touch and experience. Your child will find friends to share with, and teachers who respect them as capable and competent learners. Learning involves developing a relationship of trust. We aim to create a relaxed, secure and supportive environment where children are encouraged to investigate and explore – to their individual potential. We provide a combination of formal and informal environments, where the children learn through their inquiry, their play, and their contact with the school staff, parents, other children and community members.
We utilise the Early Years Curriculum Guidelines that incorporate the following:
• supporting play as a context for learning
• understanding each child as an individual
• developing supportive partnerships
• providing flexible learning environments
• assisting children in exploring the world around them and the ways in which they learn.